Pages

January 19, 2014

'Love Is Stronger Than Cancer': Musician Copes Online With Chemo

Harry Hudson was just a Los Angeles-based recording artist in the midst of an up-and-coming music career. The 20-year-old musician released his debut album , followed by a music video for his single, "World Is Gone."
But Hudson's life changed drastically when he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, a type of cancer originating from white blood cells.
Despite this enormous challenge, Hudson's kept a level head by documenting his fight on Twitter and Instagram.
His words and photos are not only inspiring examples of perseverance and positive thinking, but a way for him to cope. Hudson told  that he relied on social media for support when he was feeling alone in his illness.
"I realized that there were thousands of young adults living with cancer who are just like me," he said. "So I turned to social media to reach out to those who I couldn't physically be there to help. If I could inspire one person to live their life to the fullest, then I accomplished what I set out to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment