Pages

November 04, 2014

Disabled Teen's Family Told To Leave Restaurant For Being Too Loud

A disabled teenager and her family were told to leave a restaurant because she was allegedly "annoying" other customers.
Megan Brennan, 19, who has the mental age of a one-year-old, was enjoying a final dinner with her family at Ham Farm Harvesters before going into full-time care.
Their meal was interrupted when the manager complained that Megan was annoying customers and asked the family to leave.
The manager said, according to Megan’s mother Helen, “'If you can’t keep her quiet I am going to have to ask you to leave.' He claimed other people had complained. We were stunned. They were not ­accommodating at all.
"We asked people if they wanted us to leave. No one said they had complained so we refused to go. We’ve been to far posher restaurants and never been asked to leave.” 
Megan suffers from severe mental and physical disability caused by Angleman syndrome. She communicates by raising her voice and making sounds.
When Helen asked the manager whether he had read the Disability Discrimination Act, she said he had no idea what to do.
“At the end he knew how upset we were but he didn’t even apologize,” Helen said.
The event was upsetting for Megan’s entire family.
“Megan is moving into full-time care but her goodbye meal for her carers was completely ruined by ­being asked to leave. It was horrible. I have never seen my mother so upset,” Megan’s brother Jack told the Sunday People.
An apology was later given by the Eastleigh, Hampshire, restaurant, and a gift certificate offered for the family’s trouble.
“We apologize to Megan and her family and are investigating their complaint thoroughly,” a spokesman for Harvester said.
Source:www.opposingviews.com 

8 comments:

  1. Hey Harvester you might wan t to start the investigation by getting a new manager, preferably one with brains and common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People pay money to eat in peace. Accommodate,Accommodate,Accommodate, how about you RESPECT the other People. Enough already with Accommodate, that is why the MUSLIMS are overrunning the World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you mean nasty JEWS have opened the borders of all Western White Nations to 3rd World filth of all religious denominations. The Jew has been the eternal sickness of every Nation they have ever infected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an agnostic but I hope that I am wrong, it is Christians such as Ryan and Ken who make me wish that there will be a day of reckonung.

    "Love…For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love."

    This was the last day that a child will be with her loved ones, and you carp about her noise!

    I agree completely with

    “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

    I know that this is long, but read this you Pr****ks and weep.

    “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.
    32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

    34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

    37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

    40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

    41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

    44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

    45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

    46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes those damn Muslims controlling our media and government! Did you see all those dual citizen Muslims? Damn Muslims controlling our monetary system and those miserable Muslims serving as political gatekeepers for our politics! Oh you're talking about the UK. Well over here in the US it's not Muslims that are the problem...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's her last meal before full time care. Heartless bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has the mind of a ONE year old ..... SHE WON'T KNOW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, it aipac and zionst jews who control our corrupt government here in America...

    ReplyDelete