Pages

December 25, 2014

HS kid gives classmate new sneakers because other kids were bullying him


Yaovi Mawuli Amaglo, a high school student from outside Greensboro, North Carolina, warmed sneakerheads’ hearts this week when he gave a pair of Jordans to a classmate with worn-down shoes.
Yaovi noticed a classmate of his was getting made fun of for having shoes that were falling apart, so he went on Facebook and asked a group of local sneaker fans the best way to give him a pair of shoes without embarrassing him.
holiday-sneaker-deed-11
Yaovi collects, buys, cleans and sells sneakers, so he had an extra pair in his classmate’s size. He gave them to him, then the two then posed for a photo together, and the story went viral.
In an interview in NiceKicks, Yaovi explains how he came to the United States from Togo, and couldn’t afford sneakers back then, so he knew how his classmate felt.
I could not leave with the fact that such a cool guy would be made fun of in this way. I remember I got made fun of for wearing some shoes that had 2006 on them while we were in years 2008. But nobody knew what I did to get that pair of shoes. I would cut my neighbors lawn and take out her trash and she would give me $20 which I save to buy in order to buy that pair of shoes. So I understand not everyone if fortunate enough to afford new pairs of sneakers.

Source:http://ftw.usatoday.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment