Pages

February 07, 2015

Good Samaritan tackles off-duty LMPD officer during alleged beating : "I noticed he had her in a choke hold and he was standing behind her and her feet were barely touching the ground and I didn't know if he was trying to kill her or what."

The case against a Louisville Metro Police officer accused of beating his wife has been delayed another day.
Officer Jonathan Osborne was expected to receive formal charges Wednesday morning in Clark County, but Prosecutor Jeremy Mull asked for a continuance until Thursday.
Osborne, a 10-year veteran with LMPD, has spent the last three days in jail awaiting those charges. Meanwhile, his wife and a stranger who tried to interfere in the alleged beating are both recovering from their injuries.
"I just did what I thought was right. I just couldn't stand to see somebody get hurt. I know normally somebody's quick to grab your phones out and record it, but I just can't bear to see somebody treated like that. I just couldn't do it," Louis Mossey said.
It was the night of the Super Bowl when Mossey said he was driving through Sellersburg and the car in front of him crashed into the parking lot of a John Deer Store. He said the two occupants quickly got out, at which point he heard the male passenger yelling and cursing at the female driver.
"The next thing I knew, he took two steps toward her and punched her in the jaw," Mossey said.
Mossey said the force knocked her to the ground. While calling for help, Mossey said he attempted to approach the couple.
"Before I knew it, she was trying to get up off her knees and he took two steps forward her and kicked her right in the head. I was shocked. I couldn't believe it," Mossey said. "I noticed he had her in a choke hold and he was standing behind her and her feet were barely touching the ground and I didn't know if he was trying to kill her or what."
Mossey said it was then he tackled Osborne to the ground, breaking his own wrist in the process. He positioned himself on top of Osborne while waiting for more help.
"I sat there for about 10 minutes, waiting for the cops to get there," Mossey said.

No comments:

Post a Comment