June 26, 2015
Terror attacks rock three continents; leave 41 dead in France, Kuwait and Tunisia
At least 27 people have been killed in a terror attack on a tourist hotel in Tunisian town of Sousse, according to an interior ministry official.
The attack was on Imperial Marhaba hotel and the casualties includes guests as well, as per local reports.
A security source said that a gunman was killed in an exchange of gunfire at the scene. However, it is unclear whether there were other assailants.
Witnesses described scenes of panic and confusion after the shooting at a hotel in the district of Sousse, about 140 kilometres (87 miles) south of Tunis.
The toll from the attack is "27 dead including tourists," Interior Ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui said without giving their nationalities.
"It was a terrorist attack" against the Marhaba hotel, he said. "The assailant was killed."
The shooting comes just months after a March attack on the Bardo National Museum in Tunis killed 21 foreign tourists and a policeman.
In October 2013, a suicide bomber blew himself in a botched attack on a beach in Sousse while security forces foiled another planned attack nearby.
Earlier in the day, terror struck two other countries, France and Kuwait, leaving at least 15 dead.
A suspected Islamist attacker pinned a decapitated head covered with Arabic writing to the gates of a gas factory in eastern France on Friday before being arrested.
Meanwhile in Kuwait, the Islamic State group claimed a suicide bombing that ripped through a Shiite mosque.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)