Cucumber water not only cools the body but also offers lots of therapeutic benefits. Cucumbers are rich in Vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, manganese, polyphenols and other compounds. By drinking cucumber water daily, you can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies.
Combine cucumber and water in large pitcher; steep at least for 1 hour, and drink throughout a day.
10 Reasons to Add Cucumber to Your Water Daily
1. It’s good for your bones and muscles: Cucumbers are a great source of silica, which is known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues.
2. It’s good for your skin and hair : The silica and antioxidants help your skin stay clear and supple. The silicon and sulfur in cucumbers help to stimulate hair growth.
3. It’s diuretic. Cucumber water can aid in water retention which is one of the main causes of weight gain.
4. Strengthens Immunity. Cucumbers are rich in vitamins C, A, and B which boost immunity.
5. It’s detoxifying: I’ve been encouraged to drink cucumber water as an integral part of juice cleanses.
6. Great for your kidneys. Cucumber lowers uric acid levels in your system, keeping the kidneys healthy.
7. Reduces bad cholesterol. Cucumbers contain sterols, a compound responsible for reducing bad cholesterol.
8. Helps fight cancer. Cucumber have lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol which have been found to reduce risk of several cancer types.
9.Fights bad breath. Phytochemcials in cucumbers can kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
10.Protects your brain. Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that play an important role in brain health.