10 Research Backed Benefits of Apple-Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has lots of medicinal properties and has been used in plenty of remedies as well. Many researches have already found the amazing benefits that apple cider vinegar has regarding several physical ailments and cleaning purposes.
Apple cider vinegar is low in calories, 1 tablespoon equals is just 3 calories, and it’s loaded with vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Following are some research-based health benefits of organic apple cider vinegar, together with the “how-to” tips:
1. 1:2 combination of apple cider vinegar with water makes an effective solution for cleaning.
2. Apply apple cider vinegar on the scalp helps treat dandruff and itchy scalp, this is due to the powerful enzyme in apple cider vinegar that with strong anti-bacteria ability.
3. Add one part apple cider vinegar with 2-3 parts water makes a good solution for treating skin problems. As the acidity of apple cider vinegar is closer to the natural PH level of the skin, this is beneficial to protect against germs and bacteria which may damage our skin.
4. The acids in apple cider vinegar help release the toxins from the body more effectively. Simply mix 8 oz. of water with 2-3 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar and add honey to taste. Drink it before meals will be great for detoxification and also will aid digestion, boost the immune system.
5. Apple cider vinegar had a natural anti-histamine effect, if you’re suffering from seasonal allergies, it can relieve the symptoms effectively. Drink 1/4 cup of raw apple cider vinegar with 4 oz. of water, 3 times a day. You can also sweeten the mixture with raw honey for relieving the allergies.
6. Apple cider vinegar has benefits that may reduce and prevent acid reflux, as normally the foods low in acidity are the main reason for acid reflux, and apple cider vinegar mimics the acid level of the stomach to promote digestion. Drinking 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar mixed with water before each meal may prevent and or reduce the symptoms.
7. Mineral and electrolyte depletion may lead to muscle fatigue after exercise, to solve this problem, you can take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with water before your workout.
8. Gargle with apple cider vinegar helps to remove bad breath and also whiten teeth. Simply add 1/2 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar in water and use it as a mouthwash, use it twice a day.
9. A study showed that obese people who consumed 15-30ml of apple cider vinegar every day for 12 weeks, had a reduction in body fat mass. Apple cider vinegar helps weight loss in two ways: firstly, it increases satiety after a meal, means it will make you feel full for a long time. Secondly, apple cider vinegar also helps regulate blood sugar levels, helping to burn more calories and curb cravings.
10. Make a tonic with 2-3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar mixed in 8 ounces of water, consume it once a day, and together with more fruits, vegetables, high fiber diet works effectively to combat constipation.
Homemade Organic Apple Cider Vinegar With Apple Cores and Peels, Sugar and Water
For making your own apple cider vinegar, prepare 1 cup apple cores and peels, 2 tablespoons sugar and enough water.
Find a glass container and a glass plate that fits just inside the container. Dip them into boiling water to make them totally clean.
Put apple cores, peels and sugar in the container, add water to cover the ingredients by an inch.
Put the plate on top of the container to keep the ingredients from poking up into the air. Cover with a tea towel and place it in a dark place at room temperature for a week, this will be the ferment process.
After a week, pour the mixture through a strainer into a clean jar and cover with clean cloth. Secure fabric with a ring from a canning jar and store in a dark place for at least 6 weeks.
Well done, the liquid smells and tastes like vinegar, store it in a narrow-necked bottle and seal with a lid. You can save it in the refrigerator, it will last longer than in room temperature.