1. Red wine is a great source of antioxidants, which increases levels of HDL (good cholesterols) and gets rid of the bad stuff (LDL's) more so than white. This means goodbye heart disease and hello unclogged arteries.
2. Red wine also slows the growth of breast and prostrate cancer cells, while warding off oral cancer.
3. Drinking wine in moderation can slim your risk of osteoporosis, which in simpler terms refers to age-related bone thinning, by increasing bone mineral density of men and women alike.
4. 'Resveratrol' is a key ingredient found in the skin of red grapes, which is known to protect your blood vessels while eliminating blood clots. It also gets rid of those unwanted wrinkles, as it protects the body from aging and disease.
5. It is so good for you, that evidence has proven that moderate drinking is better for your healththan abstaining from alcohol completely.
6. 'Polyphenols' are substances found in red wine, which "combat against harmful bacteria", preventing your body from illness and disease.
7. Wine reduces the risks of cardiovascular disease and heart attacks, because it "dilates arteries and increases blood flow, thus lowering the risk of clots."
8. 'Flavonoids' are found significantly in red wine, and evidence shows that these compounds willlower risks of many types of cancer.
9. In moderation, wine can help your cholesterol by boosting the levels of HDL (the good stuff) while the 'phenols' contained in wine prevent the levels of LDL (the bad stuff) damaging your arteries.
10. Red wine has the ability to reduce your risk of developing certain dementias such as Alzheimer's.